Royal Racing Club de Bruxelles (RRCB) positions itself as a welcoming and easy-going athletics club. We offer training opportunities tailored to athletes of all ages, ability and motivation, as well as high-level coaching for the more ambitious athletes. In addition, we pay particular attention to the physical and mental development of our youngest athletes. We offer in particular:
- training and follow-up by experienced, qualified coaches;
- training possibilities throughout the year, including during school holidays;
- participation in competitions accompanied by our trainers;
- insurance and bib (race number) included in a modest annual membership fee;
- a degressive fee for families.
Overview of training opportunities
- This type of training addresses in particular children and youth aged 6 to 18 years (“kangourous” to “scolaires”), but can also benefit athletes of the juniors, seniors and masters categories.
- Younger children (“kangourous”, “benjamin(e)s”, “pupilles”, “minimes”) receive an introduction to the various disciplines of athletics in an entertaining way.
- General training sessions are held on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays; see the TIMETABLE section for the hours of the different categories.
- As from the “minimes” category, we offer more specialized support for one or more specific disciplines, taking into account the interests, potential and motivation of the athlete. In principle, this specialization continues and is strengthened in the categories of “cadet(te)s” and “scolaires”, resulting in a final choice in the juniors, seniors and masters categories.
- See the TIMETABLE section for the hours of the specific training sessions.
Participation in competitions
If you want to participate in competitions, you should make sure that you have fulfilled the following formalities:
- pay your membership fee of the season; this is the condition for receiving a race number at the secretariat (waiting time = ten days). Race numbers will not be issued to a member who has not paid the membership fee!
- submit the required declaration on honour (French), duly completed and signed, upon requesting the race number;
- for “benjamin(e)s”, “pupilles”, “minimes”: preferably wear the club jersey; for “cadet(te)s” to the masters: wearing the official club jersey is mandatory;
- for national and regional championships, inform two weeks in advance the secretary or the president who will cater for your registration at the league.
The club cannot be held responsible if these conditions are not fulfilled in time.
Categories of athletes
The category of an athlete is defined on the basis of his/her year of birth. For the 2017-2018 season (which runs from 1 November 2017 to 31 October 2018), the categories are fixed as shown in the table below.
|CATEGORY||ABBREVIATION||YEAR OF BIRTH (season 2018-2019)|
|Senior||SEN||1999 and before|
|Master||MAS||As from the 35th birthday|
Address – Contact
Stade des Trois Tilleuls
Avenue des Nymphes 1A
- For more information
Tel.: 0476/23 30 32
Email: [email protected]
Coordinator Young Athletes Section
Tel.: 0473/95 76 23
- Registration at the secretariat of the club at the Stade des Trois Tilleuls, during training hours.
- Bank details
BNP Paribas Fortis : BE28 0018 3051 8120
Rules of procedure
You can consult the Rules of procedure (French) here.